Ways to Repair Smoke Damage
We all know how destructive fire can be in a building. However, many people are unaware of the other detrimental elements of a fire. Smoke odor can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings and smoke soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. Fires can have devastating effects on both to your home and your family.
When your precious keepsakes are damaged, it can be disheartening. At Paul Davis, we understand. That’s why our fire repair technicians are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. Every Paul Davis franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately, so we can lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your house.
You Can Cleaning Up Smoke Damage
Your house can undergo serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire. Smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your AC to stop spreading smoke.
- To fan out smokey air, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Use a rag to clean hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer a variety of smoke repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke remediation services. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.