Detecting Water Damage
Despite where you live, your building could receive significant water damage. Your business can sustain water damages through basement flooding, sewer backups and heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family. When you contact our water damage technicians, they can reduce the amount of damage your home will undergo. Our nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors can analyze and repair the damage.
What Causes Water Damage?
Every house has appliances that are important to everday life. But a broken appliance can cause major issues. Any appliance that uses water could flood and cause major issues. If you have an emergency on your hands, don’t worry. Any water damage issues can be repaired by the experienced water repair technicians from Paul Davis. Here’s a few causes of water damage:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Sinks, bathtubs or toilets that have overflowed
- Backed up septic tank and sewage lines
- Dishwasher or washing machine overflow
- Heavy storms or rain
- Cresting streams or rivers
Water Damage Can Be Prevented
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. In order to avoid pricey repairs and possible homeonwer’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Here are some ways you can avoid water damage:
- Look over your appliances for leaks regularly.
- Refrain from pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can significantly damage and block your pipes.
- Check that your water pressure isn’t too high, so it isn’t putting unwanted stress on your hoses or pipes.
- Know how to turn off your water main in case of an emergency. When a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to shut off your water main immediately to prevent any further damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could indicate a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your gutters and roof.
To prevent water damage, it’s important to use your common sense and check your home and appliances regularly. If you suspect that you may have a leak or other issue on your hands, don’t wait. Either address the leak yourself or call the experienced water damage technicians from Paul Davis.
Paul Davis’ Water Damage Mitigation Services
You shouldn’t waste any time when an emergency happens. Paul Davis franchises all have 24/7 emergency services. This allows them to repair any water damages as soon as they can. Here are the water damage services that we offer:
- Water damage assessment
- Extracting water
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring possessions
- Mold and mildew damage remediation
- Locating and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Helping with filling insurance claims
Paul Davis Has Effective Water Damage Mitigation Services
Water damages can cause some major problems for your home. If you need water damage repair call Paul! at 888-473-7769. When you call, we’ll get you in touch with an expert in your area. We have 50 years of water repairs under our belt, so you can rely on Paul Davis to handle whatever water emergency you throw our way.